This year’s speakers include:
• Julia Bluhm and Izzie Labbe: two young women who successfully petitioned Seventeen magazine to stop altering face and body shapes of girls with photoshop.
• Anita Sarkeesian: a feminist media critic who initiated a successful Kickstarter campaign to examine gender tropes in video games. Shortly after, a Flash game, where users could punch a likeness of Sarkeesian, went viral, underscoring the sexism she sought to unveil.
• Bob Woodruff: a former ABC war correspondent who suffered a traumatic brain injury while embedded in Iraq, and his wife, Lee, who will describe their journey of starts and stops.
• Eve Ensler: a well-known feminist playwright, performer, writer, activist, and author of the The Vagina Monologues.
• Chung Hyun Kyung: a Korean spiritual leader and ecofeminist.
• Musimbi Kanyoro: head of the Global Fund for Women.
• Jessica Pabon (pictured above): on the history of graffiti artists.
Here are a list of points to help keep you connected to TEDxWomen.
- TEDxWomen in Washington D.C. is sold out. To be considered for the waitlist, please email email@example.com.
- To view the program and themes, please consult the schedule.
- To attend as a member of the media, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The conference will be held in Washington D.C. at the United States Institute of Peace on November 30 and December 1, 2012.
- To follow the conversation join us on Facebook and Twitter.
- For live tweets on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 follow @TEDxWomen and join the conversation with #TEDxWomen.
Special Opportunity for NY Paley Center Members
Paley Center Members in the New York area are invited to come and watch the sessions at the Paley Center in New York, 25 West 52 Street. Reserve your free tickets now. Not yet a Paley Member? This is an excellent time to join us and enjoy the two free tickets, as well as many other benefits.